This full day tour takes you to all the most famous and popular parts of the Sacred Valley. This is a fully guided tour with an English (or Spanish) speaking guide who will provide detailed explanations of the surrounding towns and sights in the Sacred Valley.
Uncover the incredible architecture and fascinating culture of the ancient Incas during this 10-hour day trip covering the highlights of Peru’s Sacred Valley from Cusco. Check out the famous market in Pisac, stopping on Sundays to observe its famous mass. You’ll also visit the Inca settlement at Ollantaytambo, stopping to explore the ruins of its fortress and the Temple of the Sun, a mysterious structure composed of giant 12-foot (3.5-m) stones. Your Sacred Valley tour also includes a guide, lunch, entrance fees and round-trip hotel transport.
The SACRED VALLEY 1 DAY TOUR departs daily and it is available year round although the months of April till October are probably more comfortable since the weather is drier. June, July and August are the high season when this tour can be fully booked so be sure to make your reservations in advance. The months of January, February and March are in the wet season, please bring a good rain jacket and waterproof your belongings.
The SACRED VALLEY 1 DAY TOUR is rated normal to easy. However, it is important to feel comfortable walking for extended periods of time 30 minutes at a time approximately. You must also be fully acclimated to the high altitude. If you arrived to Cusco from sea level, make sure you feel acclimated before starting this tour.
Let’s start the adventure!!!!
Get up close and personal with the culture of the ancient Inca civilization as you explore the main archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley near the empire’s former capital of Cusco. History lovers are sure to delight in this chance to explore this beautiful mountain valley, harboring a wealth of important Inca sites.
Start your day with a morning pickup from your hotel in Cusco, continuing first to the historic city of Pisac. The city was once known as a key trading post, offering a central location for Inca traders to barter for goods. The tradition persists to this day at Pisac’s well-known market, offering you the opportunity browse for a wealth of handcrafted textiles and souvenirs made by the local community.
If you happen to be visiting Pisac on a Sunday, you’ll also get to witness the town’s famous mass, conducted in both Quechua and Spanish. Observe the town’s collection of dignitaries in attendance, and watching as they play the pututo, a traditional musical instrument.
Take a break after finishing your time in Pisac with a tasty lunch of Peruvian specialties, continuing to the Fortress of Ollantaytambo to discover its impressive Temple of the Sun. During the Incan civil war this imposing structure’s 12-foot (3.5-m) stones served as a key defensive barrier.
After finishing your exploration of Ollantaytambo, continue back to Cusco. On our return, we quickly visit the famous church and archeological site in Chincheros, arriving to Cusco at about 6.30-7:00pm. where you’ll be dropped off at Plaza regocijo behind Plaza de Armas since most people would want to have dinner. You will then be responsible to go to your hotel.
• Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
• Pick-up from your hotel if it's in Cusco downtown. (Otherwise you meet us on Saint Teresa street next to the municipality on Plaza Regocijo)
• Private bus
• Pisac market
• Visit of Pisac ruins
• Urubamba for lunch (Buffet lunch Included )
• Visit of Ollantaytambo
• Visit of Chincheros
• Sun hat
• Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
• Waterproof jacket/rain poncho (during rainy season)
• Camera and films
• Money for tips and to purchase souveniers
• Personal medication
• Breakfast before the tour
• Dinner after the tour
• The Sacred VAlley tour is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure unless client notifies us with a 48-hour advance notice.
• If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. RAINBOWMOUNTAIN.CENTER does not cover the expenses made by the traveler due to abandonement such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
• Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, RAINBOWMOUNTAIN.CENTER or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
• In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, RAINBOWMOUNTAIN.CENTER will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, RAINBOWMOUNTAIN.CENTER will refund the difference.
• It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. RAINBOWMOUNTAIN.CENTER cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts