The Inti Raymi green ticket gives you access to the economy seating section in Sacsaywaman. These seats have a distance of 25 meters or 82 feet from the main stage .
Inti Raymi, the Festival of the Sun, is celebrated in Cusco every year on the 24th of June where thousands of people come together to witness the most beatiful re-enactment of the most important festival of the Inca empire to celebrate the winter solstice and the harvest season; the beginning of the Sun's New Year.
The Inti Raymi is now the second largest festival on the South American continent and for this reason you must book this tour well in advance. A week-long celebration begins prior to the new year festivities with concerts and street fairs.
• Adults (12 yrs +) $190 usd
• Children (3-11 yrs) $140 usd - Passport proof required
• Infants (0-2 yrs) $0 usd
• Peruvian citizens with DNI pay $130 usd. (Sold out)
• Pickup from your hotel in Cusco
• You will be taken to the 3 festival locations of the Inti Raymi
• 9am Festival at the Qoricancha
• 11am Festival at the Cusco main plaza
• Lunch with choice of Regular or Vegetarian
• Tour bus from Cusco main plaza to Sacsaywaman fortress
• 1pm Festival at Sacsaywaman with asigned seats in the green economy section
• Tour leaders
• Return to Cusco city center
• Return transportation from Cusco main plaza to hotel (Most hotels are in walking distance)
• Your original passport
• Comfortable tennis shoes
• Water to drink
• Sun hat
• Sun glasses
• Sun protection cream
• Small roll of toilet paper
• Small day pack
• Money in Peruvian Soles to buy folding chair
The INTI RAYMI TOUR is rated very easy. None the less, you must be able to walk for about 20 minutes comfortably.
Before 7:00am we will pick you up from your hotel and then transfer you to the Qoricancha temple which is the temple of the sun and where the festival begins at 9am. Here are many typical musicians and they open the festival with a great amount of music. When the Inca court with its many nobles enter there is silence. Finally the Inca and his Coya (wife/sister) enter and there is a ceremony of veneration to the sun.
The procession then continues to Huakaypata (Plaza de Armas) where the next ceremony begins at 11am. The generals inspect the guardians of the city and the imperial army and the Inca makes another ceremony. After this the Inca court makes it way to Sacsayhuaman.
You will then board a tour bus at 12pm, that will transfer you to Sacsayhuaman. You will have lunch on the way.
At 1pm - The principal ceremony held at Sacsayhuaman will begin. The representation of the Inca is one of Pachacutec, which is the Inca in which the sun god (Inti) revealed his might and strength. The armies come from the four quarters of the Inca Empire and there are different ceremonies, dances, fires, and more. The ceremony lasts about 90 minutes and is in Quechua but visually is powerful. You will be able to follow along with the booklet given to all partiicants.
The Inti Raymi tour is ONLY available once a year, on the 24th June and advanced booking is required.
• The Inti Raymi tour is non-transferable, and the participant cannot change the date
• All reservations must be canceled in writing and are subject to a cancellation fee.
• If you cancel or change the date of your tour with 10+ days of advanced notice, you will incur a $50 dollar cancelation fee per person.
• If you cancel with less than 10 days of advanced notice, you will incur a cancelation fee of 100% of the total tour cost
• If during the length of the program, a traveler abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim accepted.
• You agree to cover all expenses made by you due to abandonment of the tour such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
• It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of property and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client.
• Certain Services might be interrupted or even canceled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. In the case the tour is canceled for your safety, we will work with the appropriate suppliers to obtain a refund only when those suppliers agree to do so.